Kenneth E. Nitzberg
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Nitzberg co-founded Devon in 1988 and, as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, is responsible for overseeing Devon’s overall operations. Mr. Nitzberg formulated Devon’s original business plan, which included raising capital to fund the company’s initial operations, assembling a staff of professionals, and starting Devon’s operations.
Some of Mr. Nitzberg’s achievements include:
- Chair of the National Self Storage Association, 2006
- Co-founding and serving as Equitec’s Director and President, 1973 – 1987
- Receiving his B.S. in Agricultural Business Management from the University of California at Davis in 1968
Senior Vice President – Operations
Mr. Amer joined the firm as Senior Vice President – Operations in Dec 2018. His responsibilities include all leasing, property management, personnel and revenue management activities. Prior to joining Devon, Mr. Amer was a Divisional Vice President with Extra Space Storage where he was responsible for turning around Sales and Operations for his respective division with locations across five states. Mr. Amer managed district managers across these key states to ensure smooth operations, to consistently review facilities, and ensure achievement of key operational goals and portfolio financial objectives. He is a graduate of Extra Space Storage’s Executive Development Plan. Prior to Extra Space, Mr. Amer held several management positions with several multi-service and hospitality companies managing multi-location operations and sales. Mr. Amer graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago with a BS Business Management degree.
Prior to joining Devon, Mr. Amer held the following roles:
- Divisional Vice President, Extra Space Storage, 2014-2018
- Regional Vice President, Jiffy Lube, 2012-2014
- Master Franchisee (operating 120 locations), Quiznos Subs, 2003-2012
Gregory W. Mackay
Senior Vice President – Acquisitions
Mr. Mackay is Devon’s Senior Vice President of Acquisitions, responsible for market penetration, target market acquisitions, and sourcing transactions through local brokers, developers, and principals. Mr. Mackay joined Devon in 1993 as Senior Vice President of Operations to develop a growth-minded infrastructure. In this capacity, Mr. Mackay was instrumental in providing analysis for Devon’s target markets as well as creating marketing programs for each acquisition. He was also responsible for all property personnel selection, management, and development. Prior to Devon, Mr. Mackay was Senior Vice President-National Marketing for Energy Resources Inc. from 1991 to 1993, providing energy savings audits
Prior to Devon, Mr. Mackay gained experience as:
- Senior Vice President of National Marketing for Energy Resources Inc., 1991 – 1993
- Senior Vice President of Operations for Equitec Properties Company, 1979 – 1991
- A Certified Property Manager designation from the Institute of Real Estate Management.
Jeffrey H. Humphrey, ASA, CCRA
Senior Vice President – Asset Management
Mr. Humphrey joined Devon in February 1990 and is responsible for leading Devon’s asset management efforts. In this role, he conducts facility analysis, responds to investor questions, builds financial models, underwrites acquisitions, creates sale packages, and conducts real estate tax reviews and assessment appeals. Mr. Humphrey graduated in 1981 from Saint Mary’s College with a B.S. in Accounting.
Mr. Humphrey held the following roles and accomplishments:
- Director of Acquisition, Audit and Property Taxes for Equitec, 1985 – 1990
- Senior Marketing Representative for Sacramento Satellite Systems, an early satellite TV signal provider, 1981 – 1985
- Senior Appraisal designation of the American Society of Appraisers (“ASA”)
- Senior Appraisal designation with the National Association of Real Estate Appraisers of CCRA (Certified Commercial Real Estate Appraiser)
- Member of the Institute of Property Taxation and the International Associates of Assessing Officers
- Published author for numerous real estate publications.
Senior Vice President – Due Diligence and General Counsel
Ms. Siclari joined Devon in June 2004 and is responsible for due diligence and legal aspects related to acquisition, disposition, and financing of assets. Ms. Siclari actively ensures that all interested parties remain informed regarding legal and compliance issues to respective self storage assets. Ms. Siclari earned her law degree from John F. Kennedy University and a bachelor’s degree from Chico State University. She has been an active member of the California State Bar Association since October 2001 with an emphasis on Real Property Law. She is a member of the American Bar Association and the California State Self Storage Association.
Prior to joining Devon, Ms. Siclari’s defined her career path in these roles and industries:
- The telecommunication industry, 2002 – 2004
- Banking and financial services sector, 15 years
- Licensed Real Estate Broker at Bomac Mortgage, 1996 – 2000
- Loan Analyst at Countrywide Funding, 1992 – 1995
Senior Vice President – Controller
Ms. Marier is Vice President-Controller for Devon and is responsible for all accounting functions. Ms. Marier joined Devon in January 1995 as an accounting supervisor and has held a number of accounting and due diligence positions since that time where she oversaw accounting, administration, and due diligence activities.
Ms. Marier has gained experience as:
- Vice President of Due Diligence at Devon’s European headquarters, 2000 – 2002
- Homestead Development employee, 1984 – 1990
Senior Vice President – Construction
Shannon oversees all of Devon’s construction activities including renovations and additions to existing self storage assets and the conversion of non-self storage assets into state-of-the-art self storage facilities. Shannon joined Devon in September 2015 after working for nine years in construction trades, primarily in the construction of self storage facilities. Previously, he was the Project Manager for the construction company responsible for renovating Devon’s Fontaine Road location in Memphis, TN. Shannon comes from a family with a long history in the self storage construction business. From 2002 to 2006, Shannon served in the United States Marines.