Devon Self Storage participates in hosting self storage public auctions for units, as determined by state law. These auctions are held to compensate for an outstanding rental balance after having undergone a state judicial lien process.
How Storage Auctions Work
At a self storage auction, bidders compete for a self storage unit. Upon purchasing the unit, the winning bidder will own everything within the storage unit, which they can sell or keep as they please. Depending on the facility, auction rules may vary slightly, but the following are the most common:
- While you may look inside a unit, you are not allowed to enter it until it has been sold.
- You have a limited time frame to empty the unit, usually until the end of the day of sale.
- The terms of sale are cash only.
- Depending on state law, an applicable sales tax will be added to your bid.
- Goods sold are generally described as household goods.
- All items are sold “as is.”
- We may ask you out of courtesy to the original tenant to return personal items such as photo albums.
The calendar below will inform you of our scheduled storage auctions.