Devon Self Storage History
Devon Self Storage Holdings (US) LLC (“Devon”) is an employee owned, private real estate company founded in 1988. Over the past twenty four years Devon has owned and/or managed one hundred eighty three (183) facilities in twenty four (24) states and three (3) European countries (The Netherlands, France & Germany).
Today, Devon Self Storage is ranked as one of the top fifteen (15) self storage operators in the U.S.
Over the years Devon’s capital partners have changed, but its’ core senior management team has worked together, specializing in the self storage sector, for over two decades.
Devon has maintained a dedicated self storage operating platform since 1993. Over that time the company has been involved with the acquisition, development, management and disposition of just under $1 billion of self storage assets. Two of our executives (Ken Nitzberg and Bob Francis) are past Chairmen of the National Self Storage Association, the self storage industry’s not-for-profit international trade association.
There is not another non-public self storage firm in the industry with a stronger or more experienced senior management team.
During the past 24 years Devon has represented:
- major pension funds;
- state retirement funds;
- college endowments;
- union retirement funds;
- CMBS Special Servicers;
- institutional advisory firms; and,
- high net worth individuals.
We have worked with the top lenders throughout the industry, the major law firms and many of the pension advisory and consulting firms. Devon has experience and developed relationships with all of the major national real estate brokerage firms that are heavily involved in the self storage sector as both a buyer and a seller. Devon’s property management activities are uniquely tailored to accommodate our diverse clientele. Whether we are tasked to turn around a struggling site or maximize profits through expansion and revenue management, Devon has the flexibility and expertise to guide each property to profitability.
Why Devon Self Storage?
- 20+ years of self storage operating history;
- A proven self storage investment philosophy;
- A long track record of investment success for our investor clients;
- A seasoned senior management team with a long term track record;
- The ability to utilize all the modern technology to manage a self storage facility
- A large network of brokers, lenders, attorneys, title officers, etc. to feed investment opportunities to the company;
- A proven ability to work with and report to institutional investors; and,
A firm philosophy that our clientele has to succeed before the company can succeed.